This twin loft bed plan provides a SOLID foundation for an elevated twin-xl sized bed frame suitable for adults. The design is simple and sturdy with the option to convert the design over to bunk beds later or even a Twin Cabin Bed. These plans get you started while spending the minimum needed for a twin sized loft bed.
Download your digital plans and start building today!
Don’t tell anyone, but this thing is super easy to build. I made the first one with some clamps, a hand saw (yes… the old fashioned kind), a square, two sawhorses, a screwdriver, two wrenches and a drill… That’s it!
The plans are written to keep the process as simple as possible. No previous woodworking expertise needed. All you need to be able to do is cut a (somewhat) straight line.
Also, with supervision, this would also be a fun project for a teenager to complete for a little sibling. Young or seasoned, you’ll be proud of what you have accomplished with these plans!
- For one child: This twin loft bed plan is designed to hold a twin-xl mattress but a standard twin mattress will also fit leaving a little storage room next to the mattress. You could also place an existing twin bed inside and leave the entire loft open for play.
- For two children: Put an existing twin bed+frame underneath and you have a bunk bed.
- Outside: 87-1/2″W x 48-1/2″D x 78-3/4″H
- Inside: 81″W x 42″D x 54″H
- Top Loft: 81″W x 42″D x 18″H